Monday, April 27, 2009

Pizza Night

Sunday night is pizza night! Keith and I started doing this several months ago and it has been something I look forward to each week.  I am sorry to say that I do not have much of a roll in making pizza night happen, but I do love to help consume the hot and homemade pizzas! 

On pizza night, we have either one of two pizzas: Pepperoni...or...Chicken Pesto (my favorite). Keith just keeps perfecting the Chicken Pesto pizza and the one we had last night could have passed for one from Bottega Cafe! It was sooo good! At first he started making the pizzas with a thicker crust, but to make them more like Bottega's he has mastered making thinner crust pizzas. I wish I had taken a picture of the one we had last night because it was so pretty and delicious! Below is a picture from last week's pizza night when we celebrated Keith's mom's birthday - as you can tell the crust is thicker on this one.  We were making 2 pizzas instead of 1 and there was not enough room in the oven for two thinner pizzas (because the thinner they are the bigger they are).  I recommend making the crust thinner if you are making a chicken pesto pizza.
  



Soo yummy! I will have to post pictures of the next thin crust one Keith makes because the one last night looked much different from this Birthday pizza.  

To make a chicken pesto pizza you will need:

Pizza Dough (you can get some from the bakery at Publix)
2 cups of Mozerella Cheese
1 Chicken Breast Chopped/Sliced/Shredded
Pesto (you can buy this at the store or make it like Keith does with basil leaves, pine nuts, olive oil and minced garlic salt)
 


2 comments:

K said...

Yum ... sounds delicious! Let's make homemade pizza one night while we're at the beach. :)

Keith Knowlton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.