Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sophie's Shower

I know I just started this blog and have already taken a week long (or more) vacation from blogging. Maybe I will get in the swing of it..time will tell. However, last week all my spare time was consumed with planning my friend Sophie's Furman shower. Instead of hosting it at a little lunch place or other venue we ended up having it at my apartment. This endeavor was somewhat scary considering how small our apartment is. Luckily, Keith and I have our own little "yard" as we call it right outside our apartment door. We planned on having all the food and drinks outside and hanging twinkle lights above everything. However, when I checked weather.com the morning of the shower it predicted rain alll day long and at 7:00 pm when the shower would be starting. **Freak Out Moment** My apartment is wayyyy too small to have 30 girls mingling + a table for food + red wine. We needed that space outside! But, thank you mom for suggesting and encouraging us to get a tent.  At first I thought there was no way we could afford a tent and that the idea of renting a tent for this shower was ridiculous, however, it ended up being very inexpensive and really added to the ambience outside.  This is how it turned out:












With the Guest of Honor :) Love you, Soph! 

It was so fun hosting my "first party." Ha!  I can ONLY take credit for the cupcakes - Keith really planned/set up everything. He is awesome in the kitchen and I would never have attempted to cook for 30 people on my own!  

The shower went so well and I enjoyed hosting and just being able to see all my friends in one place!

3 comments:

lovey50 said...

looks fun rach !!!!! i know soph loved it!!!

Lauren said...

everything looked so nice and the tent and lights looked amazing!

Sophie said...

I had such a great time. You are the hostess with the mostest!